Tuesday, September 20, 2011

But can he do it mid-week on a rainy night at Stoke...?"

Well the answer for Spurs is no, we couldn't do it, and so this seasons Carling Cup Run falls at the first hurdle, as we go out on penalties to Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium.

I can't go into much detail about the game as there was no TV coverage or even dodgy Asian internet stream to watch, so I had to make do with the Radio BBC London 94.9 coverage over the internet. I don't know about anyone else, but I find it difficult to follow a game on the radio in the same ways as I can on the TV. Goodness only knows what they did before the age of TV...!

Anyway, what I can say is that it sounded like we had plenty of chances of going ahead, especially in the second half, but we did not make the most of our opportunities. Other highlights, (or should that be lowlights), were that Gomez was up to his old tricks again, Pavlyuchenko sounded like he wanted to be somewhere else, and we lost on Penalties, 7-6, after substitute Massimo Luongo, on his debut for Spurs, had his penalty saved by Sorenson, to give Stoke the win.

Imagine, I got up early to listen to that...!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your player ratings at the end of most of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete